Chicken Salad by Nicole MitchellVideography and Production by Steven Navarro
Nicole Mitchell, a sociology major, gives some pointers on how to make a savory chicken salad. She also tells how she first became interested in cooking at a young age.
- 4 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 carrot stick, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon of mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, carrots, walnuts and grapes. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.